Amarula Choux Tart with Chocolate Ganache, Mango Tajin Curd and Dulce de Leche
Recipe by: Palesa Modipa
4 Eggs Beaten
100g Plain flour
55g soft unsalted butter
65ml Full fat Parmalat milk
1 Pinch Salt
100g Parmalat Cheddar cheese Grated
2 Tsp Dried mixed herbs For sprinkling
150g Parmalat Cream cheese
25g Fresh chives Chopped
- To make the choux pastry: preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, butter and salt and bring to the boil over a high heat.
- As soon as the mixture has boiled, immediately remove from the heat and add the flour and stir quickly until smooth.
- Then return to a medium heat for a further minute to allow the flour to cook out, keep stirring until the mixture comes away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool a little (so that the heat doesn’t scramble the eggs) then gradually whisk in the beaten egg until all the quantity has been incorporated and the mixture is smooth and drops from the spoon. (This step can also been done using an electric mixer)
- Add the grated cheese, herbs and mix well.
- Using a piping bag, place approximately 3 cm wide portions of the pastry on a greaseproof lined baking tray, leaving at least 2 cm between portions
Parmalat cheese spread 300g
Mascarpone cheese 200g
Beat on low speed in mixer
Shape cheese spread into small cubes
Dip each cube in beaten egg
Dip each cube in flour
Deep fry in pan