Recipe by Zola
Zola's Masterclass Entremet
2 large eggs, at room temperature
50g castor sugar
5ml vanilla extract
45g cake flour
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Line a 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Make the sponge by whisking the eggs, castor sugar and vanilla with an electric beater until pale and thick (ribbon stage).
- Sift together the flour and baking powder, then fold into the egg mixture.
- Pour into the prepared tray, then bake for 15-20 minutes until the sponge is just set – it will spring back when touched. Set aside to cool!
Strawberry and Passion Fruit Compote
200g strawberries, chopped
1/4 cup passion fruit pulp, seedless
1/4 cup sugar
- Place ingredients into a pot over low heat, stir until sugar dissolves, then simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
White Chocolate Miso Mousse
200g white chocolate30g unsalted butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbs white miso paste
2 large eggs, separated
2/4 cups castor sugar
250ml fresh cream, whipped to soft peak
- Melt together chocolate and butter.
- Whisk together vanilla, egg yolks and castor sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the miso and the melted chocolate mixture, then gently fold in the whisked egg whites and then the cream
½ cup cake flour
60g softened butter
4 Tbs sugar
1/4 cup cooked sorghum
- Rub together flour & butter until breadcrumb consistency. Mix in sugar and sorghum. Scatter onto a lined baking tin, then bake in a preheated 180c oven for 20-25 minutes or until browned and crunchy.
- Set aside to cool.
Passion Fruit Jelly
125 ml (1/2 cup) strained passionfruit pulp (reserve 1 tsp seeds)
1 ½ tsp powdered gelatine
¼ cup white sugar
¼ cup cold water
- Place the strained passionfruit pulp in a small pot and sprinkle the gelatine evenly over the top. Let it sit for 5 minutes to bloom and soften.
- Turn the heat on low and stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Don’t let it come to a boil, it should be just hot enough to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the water and add back the reserved seeds. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Assemble in a 20cm cake ring lined with acetate.
- Start with the sponge as the base layer, then top with the compote, leaving a 3mm border around the edge of the sponge. Top the biscuits with some of the crumble. Carefully pipe on the mousse to cover the entire sponge. Level out the top and freeze until set. Once set, pour on the jelly to
cover, leave to refrigerate until jelly is set.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries, popped sorghum & honeycomb.