Recipe by: Tahila
Tahila's Fynbos Petit Gâteau
Whipped Honeybush Ganache
200g Dark Chocolate
50g Dried Honeybush tea
- Heat the cream with the Honeybush tea until infused.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate to melt.
- Add in 3g of bloomed gelatine.
- Allow to cool and whip in a stand mixer.
- Use mixture to fill macarons
Chocolate and Honeybush Macaron
100g castor sugar
40g egg whites
90gg almond flour
100g icing sugar
10g Cocoa Powder
40g egg whites
- Make an Italian meringue with the 100g castor sugar, 40g water and 40g of egg whites.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix until it forms a paste.
- Fold in the meringue 1/3 at a time. Fold until the consistency is like thick lava.
- Pipe in equal circles on a silpat and allow the sit for at least 30 mins to form a skin.
- Bake at 150’C for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before filling.
Pineapple Patè de fruit
190g pineapple juice
50g rooibos tea
15g castor sugar
45g liquid glucose
1g water + 1g citric acid
- Heat up the pineapple juice and tea in a sauce pan.
- Mix 15g castor sugar with 6g pectin. Add into the juice all at once and whisk until incorporated.
- Bring to a boil then add half of the sugar and glucose into the juice. Mix in and allow to boil again before mixing in the other half.
- Dissolve the citric acid in the 1g of water
- Once the mixture has reached 107’C, quickly mix in the citric acid mix. Whisk quickly and take off the heat.
- Set in desired tray, allow to cool completely before cutting. Roll it in sugar then serve.
2 egg Whites
1 tsp vanilla paste
- Place the sugar and water in a saucepan. Stir until dissolved. Bring the sugar to 118’C.
- Place the egg whites into a kitchen aid mixer and whisk until frothy. Gently and slowly pour the hot sugar down the side of the bowl while the mixer is on low. Once you’ve added all the sugar, turn the mixer on high speed and mix until the bottom of the bowl is cool and the meringue reaches stuff peaks.
- Mix in the vanilla paste. Pipe and blow torch until golden before serving
1 cup strong brewed Buchu Tea
1tsp agar agar
- Combine the ingredients in a pot and bring to the boil
- Remove from heat. Using a syringe, gently drop the liquid in a chilled jug of oil to make the caviar
- Strain and rinse caviar before serving
Rooibos Sponge Cake
1tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Vanilla Paste
- Whisk eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, ribbon stage.
- Heat the milk, butter, glucose, vanilla and rooibos tea. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Sift four, baking powder and salt into the egg mixture, add all at once. Give it a gentle mix until just combined.
- Strain the rooibos out of the milk. Add in the warm milk mixture all at once and mix gently until combined.
- Pour into a lined baking sheet and bake at 150°C for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from the tray.