Cranberry, Almond and Orange Biscotti
6 cups self-raising flour (or 6 cups cake flour + 6 x 1 ½ tbsp Royal Baking Powder)
2 ½ cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
Zest of 2 oranges
- Mix the eggs, vanilla, zest, cranberries, and almonds in your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Chuck the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until very sticky and gooey batter forms.
- Line a couple of baking trays with baking paper and scoop out long thin strips of the batter. Repeat on the rest of the trays with the batter. You can make them as big or small as you want.
- Chuck them into a preheated oven at 160 degrees C and bake for roughly 25min or until they look golden.
- Let your biscotti cool completely before you cut.
- Cut your biscotti into your desired thickness (+- ½ cm – 1 cm)
- Lay your biscotti out on a lined tray and chuck them back in the oven at 60 degrees C until they are completely dry (take about an hour or so)
- Store them in an airtight container, they literally keep for ever.