Moon Milk and White Chocolate and Thyme Biscuits
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp honey
½ tsp cracked black pepper
6 cardamom pods crushed
½ tsp nutmeg
1 cinnamon stick
1 tsp turmeric
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to seep.
- Once ready to serve, strain the mixture and return to stove to reheat. Serve warm.
White Chocolate and Thyme Biscuits
100g butter, cold
50g granulated sugar
50g brown sugar
80g white chocolate chips
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
10ml thyme leaves
- In a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment. Combine the butter and sugars. DO NOT CREAM. Once combined, stop the mixer.
- Add the white chocolate, flour, baking powder, vanilla and thyme. Combine everything. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Add the egg and mix through. Careful not to overmix at any stage.
- Roll into equal size balls and place in the fridge
- Once the balls are very cold. Bake at 180℃ for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool then serve