Dee's Vegan and Gluten Free Malva Pudding with a Tahini Crème Anglaise
200g gluten free flour
50g buckwheat flour
250g granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp fine salt
2 tbsp ground flax seed
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup apple sauce
40g apricot jam
2 tbsp coconut oil, oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Combine the almond milk with the apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- Combine the ground flax seeds with the water and set aside. This will make your flax “egg”.
- Combine the rest of the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Add the apple sauce, apricot jam, flax egg and coconut oil to the almond milk mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
- Fill 4 to 5 ramekins just below halfway with the mixture and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
112g vegan butter
125g granulated sugar
1 cup orly whip
1 tsp vanilla paste
- Place all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Make sure the butter has melted and then remove from the heat.
Plant Based Tahini Creme Anglaise
1 1/2 cup almond milk
2/3 cup orly whip
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tbsp vanilla paste
15ml tahini paste
- Warm up all ingredients except the cornflour. This should not boil, it should reach a scalding point , which is just before it boils.
- Slowly pour some of the mixture into the cornflour and whisk. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour the cornflour mixture back into the saucepan with the rest of the almond milk mixture and return to the heat.
- Whisk continuously until the mixture thickens.
- Once it is ready, remove from the heat and pour into a bowl. Take a piece of cling wrap and place onto the sauce so that it is completely covered and touching the sauce. This is to prevent a skin from forming.
Sesame Coral Tuile
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp brandy
- Place the castor sugar and sesame seeds into a saucepan and make a caramel.
- While waiting for the sugar to caramelise, brush the brandy onto a silicone mat.
- Once the sugar is an amber colour, remove it from the heat and pour it onto the silicone mat with the brandy. When the hot sugar touches the brandy, it will bubble and make little holes