Recipe by: Tahila
Tahila's Jalebi Petit Gâteau
Pistachio Sponge Cake
1tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Vanilla Paste
90g Pistachio Praline
- Whisk eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, ribbon stage.
- Heat the milk, butter, glucose, vanilla and pistachio paste/praline together. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Sift four, baking powder and salt into the egg mixture, add all at once. Give it a gentle mix until just combined.
- Add in the warm milk mixture all at once and mix gently until combined.
- Pour into a lined baking sheet and bake at 150°C for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin.
175g white chocolate
1g crushed cardamom
4g gelatine leaves, bloomed
200g cold cream
- Heat up milk with the cardamom and pour over white chocolate. Mix until chocolate is melted.
- Add in the gelatine leaves, make sure the mixture is warm
- Add the cold cream, cover with cling wrap and set in the fridge for 1hr
- Once set, whip in a stand mixer until light and fluffy.
1/2tsp baking powder
20g melted butter
1tsp red food colour
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until well combined
- Heat oil on medium heat, place the batter into a bottle or piping bag.
- Gently squeeze the batter into the oil in a spiral shape. Remove once crispy
4 threads Saffron
1 cinnamon stick
1 cardamom pod
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a saucepan and simmer until it reaches thread stage.
- Place hot Jalebi into the syrup to soak.
- Remove the jalebi and serve
1 cup pomegranate juice
1tsp agar agar
- Combine the ingredients in a pot and bring to the boil
- Remove from heat. Using a syringe, gently drop the liquid in a chilled jug of oil to make the caviar.
- Strain and rinse caviar before serving