Team Blue's Kids Party Treats
Recipes by: Damien, Lizelle, Molly and Nolan
Kids Meringues Pops
200g Egg whites
400g Castor Sugar
Pinch of Cream of Tartar
Flavour Nation Bubblegum flavour
- Oven at 200’C
- Add castor sugar to a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat sugar until it starts melting or edging.
- While heating sugar, Beat egg whites with Pinch of cream of tartar until stiff peaks.
- Start adding tablespoons of sugar to meringue while beating.
- Colour meringue mix in 3 colours
- Add to the piping bag.
- Pipe twirls on paper straws.
- Bake at 100’C for an hour.
1 tsp Bicarb
1 tsp Salt
240g Salted Butter
170g Castor Sugar
150g Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Paste
Blue Gel food colouring
Wit fondant and black food safe pen.
- Oven 175’C
- Combine flour, bicarb and salt (mix through)
- Beat butter and Sugar until creamy. Add eggs one by one and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add blue colour gel.
- Cut round eyes and make a dot for eyes. Apply to cookie
- rop blue food colour
- Place gelatine and 120g cold water into a mixing bowl and allow to bloom
- Combine sugar, glucose and 60g of water in a saucepan. Stir to dissolve the sugar then stop mixing. Heat it up until it reaches 118’C.
- Turn the mixer on and slowly pour the hot sugar down the side of the bowl to mix with the gelatine
- Once all the sugar is mixed in, turn up the speed and whip the mixture until it has stiff peaks
5. Colour and flavour the marshmallows as desired.
- Pour the mixture into a lined tin with cornstarch and icing sugar. Alternatively, pipe the marshmallow onto a tray dusted with cornflour.
4 Ingredient Pizza Dough
2 cups Flour
2 tsp Royal baking powder
1 cup Parmalat Plain Yogurt
2 Tbsp yeast
Pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a mixer and set aside in an oiled bowl to rise until doubled. Cover with a damp cloth.
- Portion, roll and use as desired
Nolan’s Homemade Tomato Relish
500g cherry Tomatoes
10g tomato paste
20 ml olive oil
2 Tbsp mild curry powder
1 bulb garlic
1 onion, diced
2 sprigs of basil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil and season.
- Broil in the oven for 10- 15 minutes.
- Sauté onions, the rest of the ingredients in a saucepan until aromatic.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and the onion mix to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain through a sieve and cook on low for 30 minutes.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar for sweetness and season.
500g chicken Viennas
200g grated Parmalat cheddar
200g grated Parmalat mozzarella
- Roll out dough, layer with sauce, cheese and viennas and roll to resemble pig noses. Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
3 3/4 cups sugar
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp warm water
- Cream oil and sugar and add eggs one by one
- Add vanilla essence
- Sift the flour and baking powder in and mix
- Add water, you don’t want the mixture to be too runny so add water as needed
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 min