Thando Manyoni's Harvest Table
Grilled Aubergines and Miso Mayo
4 large Aubergines, each cut into 8 wedges
Canola oil, for brushing
5 egg yolks
10ml lemon juice
5ml smooth Dijon mustard
8ml white vinegar
80g packet miso paste
250ml- 375ml canola
Water, as needed
- Brush the aubergine wedges with a little canola oil on each side and season with salt. Begin grilling on the skin side down to ensure that the skin cooks through otherwise it will turn out rubbery if not cooked through.
- While Aubergines are grilling, combined the eggs, lemon juice, mustard, vinegar and miso in a blender. Blend until combined then gradually start pouring in the oil in a small stream. Once the mayo has emulsified, add water a little at a time just too loosen up the consistency if preferred.
Teriyaki lamb chops
500ml soy sauce
300ml brown sugar
8 lamb chops
15ml crushed garlic
15ml crushed ginger
3 birds eye chilli, finely chopped
- In a saucepan, pour in the soy sauce and brown sugar reduce until it becomes thick and sticky to make the teriyaki sauce. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, lamb chops, garlic, ginger and chili. Allow to marinade for 30min- 1hr.
- Grill the lamb chops over open fire until desired internal temperature.
Tenderstem broccoli with lemon and garlic dressing
400g tenderstem broccoli
Canola oil for brushing
125ml olive oil/ canola oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
10ml cracked black pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt to taste
- Blanch the broccoli in hot water, remove from the water and place straight into ice water. This allows for the broccoli to retain its bright green colour.
- In the meantime, blend together the remaining ingredients and set aside. This will be the dressing
- Once the broccoli has cooled, drain and then brush with a little canola oil. Place on a high flame a and grill the broccoli until beautifully charred. Season with salt
- Dress the broccoli in the garlic and lemon dressing once ready to serve.