Recipe by: Keshree Chundriah
250g salted butter, softened
350g castor sugar
250g sour cream
1t vanilla extract
150g Self-raising flour
125g Cake flour
1t baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 170^C.
- Prepare 2 springform pans with Bake and spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the butter and sugar in 3 additions. Beating well after each
- Add in the sour cream and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Sift in, the self-raising flour, cake flour, baking powder and mix until well
- Divide the batter between the 2 pans and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool completely in the pans.
150g unsalted butter – softened
250g icing sugar – Sifted
1/2t Vanilla extract
- Beat the butter for 5 minutes. Add in the sifted icing sugar in 2 additions, beating for 5 minutes after each addition.
- Add in the milk and vanilla extract. Beat for an additional 2-3 minutes.
4 slabs white chocolate
A few drops of food colouring
- Once the cake has cooled, use your fingers, and crumble the cake and set aside.
- Add the frosting to the crumbled cake and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate in the microwave and heat for 30 seconds. 14.Add in a few drops of food colouring and mix till smooth and lump free.
- Add a spoonful of the melted chocolate to the silicone mould and use a paint brush to spread the chocolate around the mould.
- Pop an ice cream stick through the opening to clear any excess chocolate.
- Place the mould in the fridge for 3-5 minutes. Just long enough for the chocolate to harden.
- Fill the mould with the cake and icing mixture. Press down to ensure all gaps are filled.
- Insert an ice cream stick through the opening and push it in till halfway.
- Place a layer of chocolate on top and use an offset spatula to smooth out the top and clean up the edges.
- Place the filled mould in the fridge for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate
- Remove the Cakesicles from the mould and decorate with sprinkles and fondant flowers.
Tips to focus on
- Base for several bakes including tiered cakes and birthday cakes
- Why we use madeira cake as the base
- Creating structure in the cake
- How to create a flat top
- And what to do if you have peaking
- Melting chocolate
- Getting a thin layer
- Consistency of cake filling
- How to create a cakesicles
- Quick and easy ways decorate cakesicles