Joshua's Pecan, Almond and Meringue Tart
500ml Whipped fresh cream
Pecan, Almond and Meringue Tart
24 crackers ( preferably cream crackers)
200g Pecan Nuts
6 egg whites
2 cups castor sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder
- Beat your egg whites until fairly stiff and then add sugar a little at a time. Beat until very stiff.
- Add vanilla essence, baking powder and then fold in your crackers ( broken up into pieces ) & your chopped nuts .
- Bake in a greased line dish for 25 minutes at 180c
- Once baked take out tin allow it to cool completely , top it off with whipped fresh whipped cream and fresh berries & edible flowers.
- Serve as a whole tart, the texture should have a crumble consistency when cut into it