Zake's Quince, Orange & Thyme Petit Four
113g Unsalted butter melted
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
8 Large eggs
1 Cup 225g granulated sugar
1/4 Teaspoon table salt
176g Cake Flour
1 tsp Royal Baking Powder
- In a mixing bowl beat the eggs with sugar until tripled in volume, nexxt in another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and sift them to ensure all the flour is mixed through.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and set aside to cool.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the eggs fold in fold in the mixture and add the melted butter until all the ingredients have been combined pour onto a grease Line pen Bake at 180C for 20 minutes.
Quince Jammy Puree
500g Quince Chopped
110g Selati White Sugar
30g Orange Peel
1/2 Vanilla Pod
150g Modeling Icing Sugar
- In a pot add water, sugar, vanilla pod, orange peel and quince. Cook on a low heat until the queens has broken down into a jam.
Orange and Thyme Syrup
200g Selati Sugar
30g Orange Zest
- In a saucepan add Orange peel and fresh time with sugar and water bring to the boil and super until the sugar starts to terminalize add more water water to form a syrup syrup and set aside to cool it’s too cool.
Orange Marscapone Buttercream
223g Unsalted Butter Room Temp
1361g Marscapone Cheese
111g Cream Cheese
223g Icing Sugar
- Place room temperature butter into a mixing bowl and add icing sugar whip till smooth then combine mascarpone and cream cheese (with a splash of milk if mixture is too thick).
- Add orange zest to the mixture and whip until light and fluffy.
- Assemble your sponge by cutting horizontally in half, soak the sponge with the syrup, spreading the buttercream and the Queen’s jam. Once assembled neatly and level all place in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up. Cut the the sponge layered into uniform squeeze
500g White Chocolate
200ml Ideal Milk
5ml Vanilla Essence
1 Drop Orange Gel Food Coloring
1 Drop Green Gel Food Coloring
- Place white chocolate in a bowl and on top of simmering water to start the melting process. In another bowl bloom gelatine till soft then add in a separate bowl of Ideal milk and sugar the heat slightly till gelatine and milk mixture with sugar is dissolved.
- Once the white chocolate has melted add the ideal milk and sugar mixture to the white chocolate. Mix slowly till combined, separate the mixture into 2 jugs Color the glaze into ideal colors and shades Leave aside to cool down to body temperature of 37C . Once cooled down to the ideal temperature, pour onto the cut petit fours as desired and place in the fridge to set for 15 minutes.
- Roll out modeling icing sugar, cut out petal shapes for quick setting place in to a warm oven for 5 mins 100C to harden.
- Decorate as desired, serve and enjoy.