White Chocolate Pistachio Dipped Cookie with Turkish Falooda Milk Drink
Recipe by: Damien Stemmet
2,5 ml salt
2,5ml fine cinnamon toasted
2,5ml fine cardamon toasted
- Beat the sugar and butter together and fold through remaining ingredients until a dough forms, set aside and allow to rest before rolling
1 slab white chocolate
400g toasted salted pistachio crumbs
100g dried rose petals
50g vermicelli, broken up
400ml lactose free Parmalat milk
30ml Rose syrup
15ml sabja seeds, soaked in 30ml cold water to rehydrate
- Caramelise the vermicelli over a low heat with the butter, add the milk, rose syrup, seeds and halva and keep stirring until dissolved.
- Taste and adjust sweetness with rose syrup and allow to simmer gently until reduced slightly.
Thyme Scented Creme Pate
3 sprigs of thyme
400ml lactose free milk
5ml vanilla essence
3 egg yolks
80 ml castor sugar
- Bring the milk, thyme and vanilla essence to a gentle boil.
- Whisk the sugar and egg yolks until light and fluffy, mix in the cornflour and slowly whisk the hot milk into the egg mixture.
- Once whisked through, add back into the pot and whisk over a low heat until the mixture thickens and pour into a piping bag and set aside.
- Deep fry the raw vermicelli until crispy, dust in icing sugar and use as garnishing.
Turkish Delight (Gelatine Method)
30ml powdered gelatine
250ml boiling water
2,5ml tartaric acid
- Combine the water and gelatine and set aside to bloom in a pot
- Add in the sugar and boiling water and bring to a gentle boil, stirring in between and allow to cook gently for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in with a wooden spoon, tartaric acid, rose water(add more if the flavour is weak) and food colouring to desired flavour.
- Once mixed through pour into a greaseproof corn flour dusted tray and allow to set for 1 hour before cutting